Appetizers and snacks are what we’re all about at Johnny’s Bar & Grill! In order to satisfy your hunger, we thought we would share a recipe that anyone can make from home. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make your own baked buffalo wings. These are easy to bake in your oven without having the mess of a fryer. Just add a side of celery sticks and ranch and you’ve got yourself a delicious homemade meal. Continue reading to find out what you need for this spicy snack!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20 chicken wings
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with cooking spray. Place the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Add the chicken wings, seal, and toss until well coated with the flour mixture. Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet, and place into the refrigerator. It’s recommended to refrigerate at least 1 hour before baking!
- Whisk together the melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Dip the wings into the butter mixture, and place back on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and crispy on the outside. Cook for about 45 minutes. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
Share Your Wings on Social Media
Follow us on our social media pages and post a picture to show us your wing meal! We would love to see how your wings turned out. Our customers can also place an order for curbside pickup for wings, burgers, and more. Call us at (815) 626-7767 or visit our website today!